26.9.08

Greek Artist Periklis Tsoukalas Says That

Dear Friends,

I am sure that anyone who has played and tasted one of Faruk’s ouds would surely want to write something about this experience.
Perhaps Faruk Türünz is the most important oud maker of our time. His ouds give you the chance to feel the music entirely through their continuity of sound, giving the opportunity for playing very fast and clean thanks to the balance and sensitivity they possess. Likewise his ouds produce an utterly clean and secure sound at every playing speed.
Faruk Türünz is a researcher at the same time. Thanks to the method which he developed and named as “Brace Tuning System” he tunes the soundboards, therefore the vibrations span the entire soundboard evenly, thus converting to that rich, clean, unchanging, and exceptional sound.
A musician finds everything that he or she seeks for in a Faruk oud, or his oud shows them what an oud ought to be.
This is the reason that I consider Mr. Faruk as the most important luthier of our day, just like Manol was known as the most important luthier of his time.
I do not use any ouds other than those of master Faruk in the concerts I perform with my group “Chainides”, in my solo concerts, and CD recordings. I never change this label which gives me this security under all conditions.
There is a truth that I always say: While half of the skill belongs to the musician, the other half belongs to the luthier. Half of my musical success belongs to Faruk Türünz who puts his heart into the ouds he makes.


No comments: